Flooding sucks, and there’s no opportune time for it to happen. However, you can both prevent it from happening and be warned or notice signs of flooding to respond quickly and accordingly. In fact, some flood sensors with WiFi can even let you know when you’re not home.
Below is one of the best solutions for preparing for floods and other signs to watch for with respect to flooding.
Using The Water Sensor IQ Flood-S for Detecting Signs of Flooding
Flooding can start imperceptibly small, but the longer you wait to address it, the greater damage it can do. The Water Sensor IQ Flood-S is a great option for dealing with such an issue. You can get e-mail or text alerts if there is water detected and the encrypted S-Line sensor technology protects signals sent to the IQ Panel.
Setup is easy, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the box
- Remove the flood detector and pre-cut adhesive
- Remove the yellow backing from the adhesive
- Place it firmly on the back of the sensor
- Remove the tabs to activate the battery on the sensor
- Remove the adhesive backing
- Place the sensor in an area that’s most likely to be affected by flooding and make sure it sits above the floor
Common Signs of Flooding
Flooding isn’t silent it will make its presence known. Here are a few signs of flooding:
- If you notice a room smells mildewy or has a musty smell flooding may have occurred
- Any drywall is mouldy, crumbling, or soft
- Any cracks in your foundation
- Water rings on the ceiling or walls pointing to a leak in the pipes
- Soft or sagging spots on the floor, especially near the tub, shower, and sinks
- Cracked or warped tile, laminate, or wood flooring
Using the Water Sensor IQ Flood-S is a great way to detect water damage when it happens, but if any serious water damage does occur, make sure to get it repaired by a professional to restore your home to its former glory.